Stocks to watch: SapuraCrest, Kencana, E&O, SILK, KPJ, AFG

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR: All eyes would be on SAPURACREST PETROLEUM BHD and KENCANA PETROLEUM BHD when they resume trading on Tuesday, July 12 following a proposed merger which would position them stronger to bid for upstream jobs.

Other stocks to watch are Eastern and Oriental Bhd (E&O),SILK Holdings Bhd, KPJ HEALTHCARE BHD and ALLIANCE FINANCIAL GROUP BHD (AFG).

SapuraCrest and Kenanca announced Integral Key Sdn Bhd (IKSB), a special purpose vehicle, had made a RM11.85-billion offer to acquire all their assets and liabilities in a share swap.

The merged entity would become one of the world’s largest oil and gas service providers in terms of market capitalisation and assets.

Meanwhile, E&O is expected record about RM66 million in profit from the sale of a building and freehold land in Tanjong Tokong on Penang island for RM134 million cash.

The E&O group’s original cost of investment in the land made in May 2004 was RM13.57 million while the CONSTRUCTION [] cost of the building incurred from March 2009 to May 2011 was RM54.17 million.

SILK secured four long term contracts worth a total of RM39.75 million from Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd for the provision four units of anchor handling tug supply vessel (AHTSV).

Its subsidiary Jasa Merin (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd had been the awarded the four contracts. It said the long term contracts for the four units of AHTSV were for the primary period of one year, with various effective commencement dates in July 2011 respectively, with options to extend for a further period of one year each.

KPJ is teaming up with Yayasan Islam Perlis (YIP) to set up and operate a new hospital to be known as KPJ Perlis Specialist Hospital. KPJ’s unit Kumpulan Perubatan (Johor) Sdn Bhd (KPJSB) had signed the agreement with YIP on Monday, July 11.

It said the JV would operate under the name Perlis Specialist Hospital Sdn Bhd, of which KPJSB would hold 60% equity interest while YIP would hold the remaining 40%.

Meanwhile in AFG, the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Board had disposed of 5.2798 million shares from July 5 and 6, reducing its shareholding to 12.53% or 193.96 million shares.

The shares had run up early last week on market talk that Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd and Langkah Bahagia Sdn Bhd might dispose of their combined 30% stake in AFG.

Market talk was that Temasek might want to dispose of its stake in AFG after selling its stakes in two of China’s biggest banks.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

To learn better Bursa Malaysia Stock Market & build up My Portfolio.

Current stock in my portfolio:
1) Hupseng
2) Glomac
3) Masteel
4) Supermax
5) Cocoland
6) Xinquan

Unit Trust Price


  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP